Every human relationship has its own expectations and conflicts are so natural if they are not fulfilled. Employees and organization’s relation is not untouched with this phenomenon.
On the way starting a new job every employee should know what the organization’s expectations from you are and let the organization know what you, as an employee, have expectation from your organization.
You have rights to have the expectations from your organization but if these are not met, you should have words with your seniors and present a complete scenario before them.
It is not fair if your organization is not meeting the employees’ expectations but have expectations from employees. If your organization is not maintaining the expectation, it can’t expect of you to be loyal and more dedicated towards the work. At the end, conflicts will take place and this will be harmful for the internal environment of the organisation. The way government requests organisations be involved in corporate social responsibilities since it considers that the organisations must have their responsibilities towards society and welfare of people, in the same way, they must also benefit their employees who are undifferentiated part of their existence. A number of organisations are there which take care of the house rent, travel allowances, mobile bill, food, health insurance and all other facilities when an employee joins them, but still there are firms that hardly do anything excepting providing salary to employee every month on time.
Employees’ expectations from an organization are first and foremost, simply accurate and timely wages’ payments along with that complete explanation of your job responsibilities, company policies, adequate training, safe working environment, as well as constructive and fair feedback from the senior.
What else people search in the job? What more you expect from your organization? And many more related queries will be addressed below.
- Security: An organization can provide job which secures employment on regular basis. The security of the job will make employee assured and he or she can work without worrying for employment.
- Job Type: An organization should have understood what kind of job suited for an individual as per his competencies, skills and abilities. The job should give the employee a sense of satisfaction and accomplishment.
- Payments: Organization should be able to pay enough to meet employees’ needs, at least. The organization should able to pay a fair amount in comparison of co-workers.
- Perks and Benefits: Organization should not have an issue regarding perks and benefits to meet employees’ needs and these are comparatively well with respect to others.
- Advancements: Organization should give a platform to the employees to advance in employees’ carrier. There should be a chance for a breakthrough for every employee.
- Working Environments: In an organization, co-workers should be like-minded and very much skillful.
- Organization: An organization should have a good reputation and make employees feel proud to work with it.
- Working Terms and Conditions: An organization should be free from any kind of harassment and safety issues. The office should not be a place for stress, injurious to employees’ health. Even it should be comfortable.
- Working Hours: Organization should provide the working hours which allow employees time to live the lifestyle what he wants to, to chase his dreams or interests, and to spend with family.
- Supervision of Progress Report: Organization should have management to supervise immediately who is more fair, considerate and more competent. The progress report should be fair, accurate under good
These all expectations of employees are reasonable, and law abided, and there is no reason why an organization should have a problem with these.