To know that your PF account is really updated has become very easy as the advent of technology. As a member and employee of the EPFO (Employees’ Provident Fund Organization), you need not to wait when your employer will share your PF (provident fund) statement to know your PF balance at the end of the year.
You can check your PF balance anywhere, anytime as per your comfort, all thanks to technology. Now you can use five avenues to check the PF balance- EPFO portal, EPFO app, SMS, Umang App or just by miss call.
- EPFO Portal: Now employees are able to access PF passbooks on various websites which are run by EPFO, besides unified portal. However, Unified portal can be used for transactional services.
You must have registered your account with your UAN (Universal Account Number) to view your PF passbook. From the website, you can print or download the passbook. Follow these steps to get your passbook to check whether your PF account is updated or not.
- At epfindia.gov.in visit the member passbook
- Visit our services and click on For Employees.
- Now under the Services tap on the Member Passbook.
Make sure that your UAN is activated and verified by the employer; however, it is provided by EPFO. If it is activated, you can use it to log in and can check your passbook balance.
- EPFO App: You are free to download m-sewa app from Google Play Store. Once it is downloaded, tap on Member now click on Balance or passbook. Now enter UAN and mobile number which you have registered with UAN.
- SMS: For getting SMS directly on your phone for PF balance you must register your UAN with EPFO. You must send SMS to 7738299899 for receiving details of PF balance, latest transactions. Send a message this way: EPFOHO UAN ENG. ENG is for preferred language. For Marathi message, you must send like EPFOHO UAN MAR.
- Umang app: With help of Umang app, you employees can check their PF balance via mobile phones. You must submit one-time registration just by using a smartphone.
- Missed call: You can get all the information related to your PF balance just by giving a miscall on 011-22901406, only if you are registered on UAN