Asafoetida is also known as hing in India. We use it in our daily cuisine, dals and curries. Any tasteless dish can transform with its help. Excluding taste building, it is well known for its health benefits.
In India, it is celebrated as traditional medicine due to its antiviral, diuretic, sedative, anti-inflammatory, curative, therapeutic and anti-bacterial properties.
These all properties and usage in Indian cuisine make it Food of the Gods in India.
- It may be an age-old medicine but still efficient in intestinal worms, flatulence, gas, irritable bowel syndrome and bloating. It has been possible only because of its anti-inflammatory and anti-spasmodic properties.
- It has anti-viral, anti-inflammatory and antibiotic properties. And due to these properties, it is very helpful to soothe a dry cough, bronchitis and asthma. Along with these respiratory disorders, it is also useful in releasing phlegm and soothing chest congestion. You just need to prepare the paste of it with water and rub to the chest.
For relieving from respiratory disorders, you need to consume a mixture of asafoetida, honey and dry ginger powder.
- Asafoetida or hing is a natural blood thinner which helps to lower the blood pressure levels. It is filled with coumarin compound which helps in blood flow which prevents the clot formation.
- It is helpful to alleviate the severe pain during mensuration period. It also helps to reduce lower back and abdomen cramps caused by mensuration pain. It thins blood naturally, that makes the blood flow smoothly without any hamper and pain. It helps to increase progesterone secretion and smooth blood flow that results in pain relief. Make a mixture of fenugreek powder, a cup of buttermilk, a pinch of salt and asafoetida. Now drink it on periods. It is a panacea to those women to whom periods are a nightmare.
- It reduces headaches by reducing blood vessels’ inflammation in the head due to its anti-inflammatory property. Drink the solution of asafoetida with water on daily basis and you can see better results. For better result, you should heat Asafoetida and make a solution with water. And now drink it.
- It can heal insect stings and bites naturally. You just mix the garlic paste with asafoetida and apply to the affected body part.
- It is useful to reduce acne, rashes and pimple problems. It has anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties which appear killer of these problems. You just need to create a mixture of rose water, Multani mitti and Asafoetida in a pot and apply to the affected part of the body.
- It can give your skin a beautiful glow by increasing the supply of oxygen to a depth of your skin. Add asafoetida, rose water, sandalwood powder and make a paste. Apply this paste on your skin daily basis for effective results.
- It can create magic to frizzy and dry hair due to its moisturizing Make a mask of asafoetida, almond oil, yogurt and apply it on hair. Wait for an hour and wash it off with normal or lukewarm water.