Harassment in the workplace makes anybody feel uncomfortable as well as unsafe. If anybody is being harassed by boss in the workplace, he or she must try these effective things.
Harassment is not only physical but also verbal badger based on race, religion and sex. Any form of discrimination is not only immoral and inappropriate but also unlawful.
One can identify harassing conduct with hostile slurs, jokes, insults, intimidation, physical threats or assaults, offensive pictures, name callings, and other behavior. Sexual harassment consists of unwanted comments, behavior, or conduct regarding gender, sex or sexual inclination.
- The first step you should take to check employee handbook of the company. In your company, you should have some way to file a complaint or Equal Employment Opportunity officer.
- Immediately report any kind of harassment. Report to someone in HR or any other person who is responsible to deal with such kind of harassment issues within the organization. Submit the written complaint and keep a copy and anything you received while submitting a complaint, with you.
- Write down the same what happened to you as you faced any kind of harassment. Mention exact times, dates, and witness specifically. Along with that mention to whom you report, what action has been taken and other details. And these all details you should keep at a safer
- Try to know that anybody else has experienced harassment. Encourage them to write down their incidents.
- It is possible that your boss can defend himself by objecting your work performance. In this case, you should keep your work such, as performance records’ copy, documents-related quality of your work and performance evaluations, safe with you.
- Talk to your colleagues who may be your harassment witness, to stand with you.
- Gather information on the status of the primary To conduct the investigation what is necessary information, provide them.
- You can file charge against discrimination with the federal Equal Employment Opportunity Commission if you don’t believe in process of your organization. It is required to fill EEOC before you are going to sue your boss.
- Focus on doing your work efficiently, don’t let harassment issuer overwhelm quality of your work. Work for your performance records, maintain harassment issues and action taken against these issues.
- Harassment in the workplace and aftermath are very difficult to withstand. You need the support from different level from family to friends and colleagues. At this difficult phase of life, you should not feel alone.
- If you are expecting anything wrong can happen with you or already know about wrong intention of someone, try to capture it in your phone cleverly by voice recording or video recording. It may help you to have valid proof of the incidence. You can follow the same with other if that person is introvert or afraid of losing job if complains about his team leader or manager.
- If you are unable to follow previous point, just notice that such incidence happen under the surveillance of CCTV camera so that you can access the incidence later with higher management.
Stand up against workplace harassment. If you feel someone is falling into harassment prey, support and encourage him or her to fight against injustice.